What Sellers Can Expect
Colleen recognizes that the decision to sell your home, which is quite possibly your most valuable and treasured asset, involves extensive thought and consideration. For a successful outcome, both financially and personally, it is vital to work with an agent who provides the comprehensive service and in-depth knowledge of the local market to guide you in all aspects of the marketing process.
Colleen respects the importance of your decision and understands that your home and needs are unique. She will listen to your goals and address your concerns to customize a detailed marketing plan. Her marketing approach includes digital and printed materials that reach local, national and international markets to ensure your home receives the targeted and vast exposure it needs to reach today’s buyers.
Thorough preparation of the property is critical in today’s competitive environment as buyers have come to expect it. Colleen’s strategy is to position your home to accomplish your financial and time-oriented goals. She has a dynamic team of stagers, painters, plumbers, electricians, gardeners, and other trade professionals, to ensure that your home will be prepared and presented in the absolute best way possible. Complete preparation includes guiding you with the various pre-sale reports/requirements and critical seller disclosures necessary in a transaction.
You can be assured of timely and regular communication throughout the process and continuous monitoring of marketing results. Colleen is a confident and skillful negotiator who excels in assessing buyer qualifications and motivations. Her extensive experience has provided her with the ability to anticipate the twist and turns that can make or break a sale.
Before, during and after the sale Colleen will guide you every step of the way. When you have made your decision to sell, she encourages you to compare and research other Realtors. She is confident that you will conclude her comprehensive approach and caring attitude set her apart from the competition.
What Buyers Can Expect---A 3 Stage Home Buying Process
Colleen's primary objective is to make the complex process of selecting and purchasing a home as efficient and enjoyable as possible with the least amount of stress to you. Whether you will be buying your first or fifth property, Colleen's systematic and comprehensive approach includes the sound direction, current market data (on and off-market properties) and expert negotiation skills required for a smooth and successful transaction.
- Familiarize the client with the entire buying process, identify the type, size, amenities, location and price of the home.
- If needed, suggest outstanding mortgage professionals to assist with the preapproval loan process
- Set-up access to the to Marin listing service, establish systematic property listing alerts and methods to allow clients to save and review listings in desired locations and price range.
- Continually send clients market information and property specific information (on and off market properties) for those homes that meet the defined search criteria/interest.
- Schedule showings for properties of interest, prepare open house tours for those who enjoy looking on their own.
- Provide area information about targeted properties—schools, commute times, shopping, transit, etc.
- Review the extensive purchase contract to familiarize the client with specific details, requirements and timelines of a transaction.
- Counsel clients on the best strategy to achieve acceptance of an offer. Execute and submit a detailed and comprehensive written offer which includes additional documentation to give the client the competitive edge.
- Consult and negotiate counter offers and prepare a strategy throughout the negotiation process
- Advise and assist with the inspection process and address and negotiate any issues that may arise. Suggest methods to remedy situation in order to keep the transaction on track to the satisfaction of both buyer and seller.
- Coordinate with the clients’ lender to overcome any hurdles in the loan process. Communicate and direct escrow and title officers with the transaction specifics, inquire about any unusual title or property line issues. Continuously coordinate with the listing agent to ensure both parties keep to the timeline and complete the transaction in an efficient manner.
- Arrange and attend the walkthrough to ensure that the seller has properly maintained property per the contract terms, and attend the closing.